Wednesday, August 26, 2009

My First Blog

So, this is my first blog. I promised everyone I would create a blog to detail my adventures in the Peace Corps, so here it is. I can't believe leave in less than two weeks. It was a over a year ago I put in my application for the Peace Corps, then there was the interview, the medical and dental forms, and finally my invitation to the Peace Corps which arrived in April. It has been such a long process. I am excited and nervous all at the same time. I finally bought some luggage, who knows if it will be the best type of luggage, but you live and learn right?

I have kept myself busy this summer visiting all my friends and family who I will not see during my time in the Peace Corps. It has been a great summer full of wonderful adventures in the US before I head over seas. I spent a week with my aunt in Waco, Texas. We went to Austin and San Antonio. Then I spent a week with my grandparents in NJ. My grandmother took my mom, aunt and I to NYC where we spent the night in Times Square and saw Lion King on Broadway! I also went on a two week road trip. We went to Chicago, Mount Rushmore, Yellowstone, Salt Lake City, Denver, and St. Louis. It was a trip I will not soon forget.

4 comments:

  1. I am very proud of you Rachael. What a great opportunity. I will miss you and promise to keep you updated on family activities. Remember, you are my sunshine. Love You, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are welcome to Morocco, wish u have nice time here
    best regards
    anouar

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI RACHAEL BEBA AND I ARE SO EXCITED ABOUT YOUR JOURNEY. I KNOW YOU ARE PROBABLY A LITLE NERVOUS BUT THIS WILL BE SUCH A GREAT EXPERIENCE FOR YOU AND YOU WILL MAKE LOTS OF NEW FRIENDS. WE LOVE YOU AND WISH YOU WELL. WE WILL MISS YOU. LOVE GRAM AND BEBA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rachel, just found out you were leaving this week. I am not just impressed with your plans but also very proud of you. I look forward to reading your blog and following your progess as a Peace Corp experience. Best of luck and God Bless you. Regina

    ReplyDelete